Deep Financial Literacy & Mental and Emotional Well-Being Program for Young People
How the Program Works
- We currently serve young people starting at age 15. We’ll launch a version of Financial Titans for younger kids in 2025.
- We provide additional career counseling and resources for young people ages 17 and up, and we support young parents in breaking the cycle of poverty for themselves and their kids.
- Upon arrival, young people are served a protein-rich, primarily organic whole-food meal. Because many of our young people experience food insecurity, it’s essential that they can count on these two nutritious filling meals each week.
- After dinner, young people spend 90 minutes learning to care for their mental and emotional well-being and how to create a life of financial freedom.
Specifically, What Young People
Get From the Program
Our mission is to eradicate childhood poverty and equip young people to thrive with meaning and purpose.
Throughout the program, we show young people how to care for their mental and emotional well-being through scientifically proven techniques by the HeartMath Institute to elevate their emotional state in the moment, become aware of, and release accumulated stress so they feel better and think more clearly.
We also incorporate other proven techniques, such as Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT Tapping).
PART 1: How to Make Money + Money Mindset
We help young people make their first $1,000, by showing them how to find a need, fill a need, get paid for it, and then repeat the process. We help young people understand money mindset and how to uplevel it by identifying and clearing their money blocks and being comfortable handling money, asking for money, and having money.
PART 2: How to Make MORE Money + Money Basics
We help young people leverage their skills and money to make more money. We get them on a pathway to making their first $10,000, and we teach them Money Basics and get them banked (help them set up their first checking and saving accounts).
Our Money Basics Curriculum Includes:
- How banks work (and why you need bank accounts & how to get them)
- How checking & savings accounts work
- How decentralized finance works
- How digital currency works
- How credit works (including credit scores)
- How to rent your first apartment and buy a car
- How & when to borrow money and how loans work
- What are assets and debt
- What is net worth and how to calculate it
- How interest & compounding work (earning interest, paying interest, and different types of debt – amortized loans, etc.)
- How to leverage money to create more money
- How to compound money
- How taxes work
- What it means to be financially independent and how to become financially independent
- What retirement is and how it works
PART 3: How to Spend, Save, Invest, and Protect Money
We teach young people deep financial literacy that sets them up for lifetime financial success.
Our How to Make Money Curriculum Includes:
- How to make money on demand – find a need, fulfill the need, and charge for your service, and how to collect money for your service/product. How to start doing this right now TODAY – a step-by-step plan with mentorship to make your first $1,000.
- Skilled versus unskilled labor – how & why more skills = more money
- How to identify your natural talents, hone those talents, and get paid for them
- Ways you can leverage your talents and time to compound your earning power
- What it means to have multiple sources of income, why & how the average young self-made millionaire has 7 sources of income, and we’ll walk through the 7 most common sources.
Our How to Spend Money Curriculum Includes:
- How to budget your money
- How to identify what a “rich life” means to you and create a spending plan in alignment with your dream life
- How & when to use money to care for yourself and why it’s important to do so
- How to set & achieve financial goals
- How to come back from financial setbacks
Our How to Invest Money Curriculum Includes:
- Different types of bank accounts and how they work
- How savings accounts work & how to get the highest interest
- How to compound your money through automated investing
- How retirement programs/savings works
- Asset allocations & portfolio management
- How to set yourself up to never have to worry about money
Our How to Protect Your Money Curriculum Includes:
- What insurance is and how it works
- Different types of insurance
- What a Will is, the different types, and how they work
- What a trust is, the different types, how they work, and how both the rich and middle class use them to protect themselves and create generational wealth
- What generational wealth is and the savviest generational wealth strategies used by average earners
The Story Behind Financial Titans
You can view our legal docs here (501c3, Act 60 certification, etc.)